Thursday, September 4, 2008

Dorie

Hi,
Just finished the best book, "Dorie" the girl nobody loved. Do you ever feel like No one loves you? Do you ever feel that No one listens to you? Do you ever Feel like LIFE'S NOT FAIR!!! Well that is Big in my vocabulary. I'm trying to weed it out. If you asked me who is or has helped me, I'll give you some names 1st of all God next would be Mom, Dad, last but not least Dorie (the girl nobody loved.) My mom gave me this Book to read 2 weeks ago, I just got done. Dorie is a Real lady who had the worst life I've ever heard of. She went through a lot, so much I could not imagine. She went from her mother not loving her telling her how ugly she was, from foster parents beating her, to her own father disowning her. I won't go into anymore details, but I will tell you through it all she never doubted God. HE was the only one who loved her. He picked her up, loved her wiped her tears, and held her through it all. I won't tell you the end, maybe you will read it, too. I hope and pray you will. I needed this book, and NOW will totally think twice about saying ''LIEF'S NOT FAIR''. If you ever think life's not fair please, oh' please read this book. If you are a new Christian or an old Christian this book is great.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love you and I'm glad God is speaking to your heart.

Unknown said...

What a valuable lesson to learn- sometimes it still crops up but you are right- keep clingling to Jesus. Remember our life is like a video and Jesus knows it all - from beginning to end. Matter of fact He wrote it. And when I begin to think life is not fair I just need Him to gently remind me He sees the big picture and all the little ones in between. Even when I don't think it is fair- it really is- I just don't see how yet.
I love you!
Mrs. Tara

Sue Ferenczy said...

I just now finished reading it, too! The effect is a very sobering wash over my mind, exposing some very self-centered thoughts. Putting myself first in too many ways. The paragraphs I find most important to me right now are on p152-153, beginning at "My experience has also given me some tips to share with parents", ending with "Your children will be living monuments to you, for good or for bad"(those three paragraphs). I am the mom of ten, and so understand the concept of number 2 of 9, even tho' I don't homeschool...always wished to. I love your tag: a walk in my flip-flops! In reference to the "not fair" mantra, it must be the same one I am spouting ever so quietly, but in a different language: You get to buy tractors and motorcycles (well, one of each over the past decade), won't you get me that car in the paper? Smaller, but seats seven (!) and great gas mileage! When Daddy says no, it means momma has some thinking to do: roll over and play dead or really die to self and give it up. One day I had written a long letter of complaints to my husband about the house, complete with nasty comments. (I was fuming about something)...btw it never works...anyway, as I reached to pull the shades down, the letter dropped out of my hand. When I retrieved it, I felt like the Lord said "Drop it". My stubborn self would refuse to beleive I had heard right, but my resolve is finally being worn down by wisdom of the ages. I am almost fifty. Better that you take less time to get the lesson than to struggle 'round the mountain forty years. Ot twenty seven in our case (married that long). Being a wife is a monument of faith. Being a daughter is practise. Have fun and don't neglect the push-ups every morning: speak to yourself "I won't be thankless" fifty times before you get breakfast or something of that nature. Dorie suggests reading the psalms every day and listing the things to be thankful for. I must go do that now! Glad I ran across your blog, girlfriend!