Monday, May 19, 2008

Chores!!!

Hello,
Well, I guess you have found out that I'm the mower (in the Fam.) Well when ever I'm on it, I loose my mind. I think of all kinds of stuff. (I know my Mother is thinking that SCARES me.) That's what she always says when I get a great IDEA!!! So not to offend anyone but my parents make all the kids do chores. And we DO NOT GET ALLOWANCE!!! This may come as a shock to some of you, we get money if we do things that are not the regular chores. I got to thinking some of my friends don't even have to make their BEDS. That Shocked me, we have to make our beds everyday. Some kids get paid to make there beds, I mean Hello, that is something you should just do. What happened to doing chores because your part of the family, and you live there? Well that's all I had to say, I'm sorry if I offended anybody. Just thought I would share a little piece of my brain. c ya :-)

4 comments:

Laura said...

I love you Panda! And you have MANY more talents than just chores. Look how far you have come now your neat as a pin, and someone else is the sloppy one...you can guess who? Love ya!

The Pauls' Family said...

You're not alone Amanda! Our kids don't get allowances either but they do a lot of work around our home. As parents we feel that helping out without pay strengthens family identity and makes you feel like you are making a contribution. Thanks for sharing your ideas! ps I do the same thing
when I mow. Think....think...think!

Christina said...

That is a great thought Amanda! My girls don't get allowance for helping out around my house either..I'll have to have Brittany come visit your blog next time she complains about that!

Unknown said...

Amanda Panda WOW - I want to remind you of all the other things you do that you do not have to do but VOLUNTEER to do- remember our reward is eternal......
AWANA, Worship Care, VBS, Homeschool group helper, I know there are more but it is late :)
I am very proud of you!