Sunday, August 23, 2009

Discipline

I have a very strong opinion of Discipline. You see I have earned a lot of spankings in my day. Notice how I used the word ''earned''. My favorite book in the Bible is Hebrews. Well Hebrews has a whole Chapter on Discipline. Hebrews Chapter 12, well Hebrews 12:5-11 so for those who will not go look it up I will post it here.
5And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: ''My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not loose heart when he rebukes you, 6because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and punishes those he accepts as son.'' 7Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his Father? 8If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes Discipline), than you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respect them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of the spirits and live! 10Our Fathers disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
So what do you think? It's a big slap in the face for me. You see something happened to me not to long ago. I could not figure why it happened to me, then I found that I was getting angry with God for allowing this to happen. As I was reading my Bible these verse were high lighted so, I read over them. Then my heart hurt cause I know the Lord knows why the discipline, and correction. That is fine with me. So, if you ever fill that you don't need Discipline, I pray you will look at these verse and know all things happen for a reason.

No comments: